Monday, September 24, 2007

Beta #3

Did you hear my sigh of relief all the way across the globe? Today's beta is looking good:

4,044 (22dpo)

That's a doubling time of 40 hours.

They scheduled my sonogram for Wednesday of next week (10/3) but Kevin is going to be out of town until Friday. I am so anxious to see what's going on in there that I truly, truly want to go without him, but I guess I should wait. Grrrr.

Immediately following today's call from my nurse, another co-worker (and very good friend) told me she was pregnant. She was scared shitless to tell me, which of course makes me feel like a giant heel. She's one of those amazing breeder types who said, "Hey, let's have a baby." Then she stopped taking birth control, had sex with her husband, and got pregnant on the very first try. No shit, it actually happens. (And this is the 2nd time -- she's got a 2 year old son at home.) She's just over 4 weeks so it's very early but I'm grateful she shared with me so I don't blather around making assinine comments.

I'm in my blissfully protective bubble of doubling betas right now, so it didn't send me into hysterics like it normally would. But rest assured that if my pregnancy goes South and I am faced with the prospect of watching my boss and my co-worker be pregnant and deliver within weeks of my due date, I will quit. I love this job with all of my heart, but I will take a leave of absence or quit or something. I do not have the mental fortitude to do it again.

So, yet ANOTHER reason why this must work out. It simply MUST. WORK. OUT.

28 comments:

LJ said...

(whispering) yaaayyyyy (end whisper)

Egged Out said...

Great news!

Shelby said...

Yay!! Great beta! I can't wait to hear how the sono goes.

Waiting Amy said...

ooh, is it bad that I want you to go to the sono without him? just wanting to know for you (okay, and for me too :)

Meghan said...

I'd probably go with out him, guess that makes me a bad person. Great news on the beta!

Samantha said...

Good news! I'm very happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wonder how many are in there?

Von said...

It. Will. Work. Out.
Great beta result. No reason to thing this is going to go anywhere but upwards, and you outwards.
If it was me I'd go for the scan on my own. I would not be able to delay it.

Sunny Jenny said...

Fantastic!

hopeful to hateful in 28 days said...

I am so happy about this good news!

Unknown said...

Double, Double, Double!! Yay on the betas! Yeah, I guess you should wait until your husband can go to the u/s with you, but I would sure be tempted to go without him!!!

AwkwardMoments said...

OH FANTASTIC!!!

hammygirl said...

Good news on the beta!

Tam said...

Oh my goodness, can you hear my sigh of relief. I am praying so hard that this works out for you guys, you deserve this now. Numbers still looking good, geez...also dunno if I could wait for the sono...mmmm, hard one. Believe it or not, I have friends that are that fertile too, it's a cruel, cruel world sometimes!!!

Sunny said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!

TeamWinks said...

So glad to hear the beta was so wonderful! Yaaayyy Leah!!!

In and Out of Luck said...

Great numbers!

astral said...

That is great news!! Great beta!! I'm very happy for you. I'm with waiting amy. I would go without him too. Just to make sure the baby (or babies) are okay.

Dr. Grumbles said...

Yes, it must!

Mindy said...

OMG, HOORAY!!!!! I'm soooo excited. Personally, I'd go, but that's because I'm far to impatient. Did I say how excited I am yet -- Congratulations.

nancy said...

Yay!!! Congrats!

Cibele said...

Congratulations on a great beta!!!!!!! those can be addictive like POAS, right?. My doc said enough after the third one, I wanted more!!!! I have my fingers crossed for your first scan. I am having my second appt on the 5h. I also understand how you feel about finding out about your friend's pregnancy. I have 3 of my friends with almost the same due date... it has to work.... it will work!!!

Caro said...

yayyyyy!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! xxx

Mrs. Piggy said...

Those are some sweet betas!
Same thing happened me last cycle...co-worker got preg a week after me, and she is the type to flaunt it. I miscarried of course, and she has tortured me ever since. I wish I had had the balls to quit. I just continue to hope and pray her baby is 10lbs and she delivers vaginally.

dmarie said...

I keep hearing that Vonage commercial song in my head--who-hoo-who-hoo-hoo!

Kristen said...

I know you said you're not oozing but I am oozing for you. This is great news and I just can't wait until next week.

Sending lots of love your way! XOXO

JJ said...

FANTASTIC!!!! I was thinking about you when we were walking around Alexandria on Monday--silly me meant to ask for your phone number so I wouldnt have to wait until I got back to a computer.
SO happy for you!